About Art Bottoms
Art is an experienced CFO and executive leader who is focused on helping businesses achieve their strategic, financial, and operational goals. With over 32 years of leading small to medium sized businesses through high growth or organizational changes, Art has a long track record of success. His passion is providing dynamic leadership using a formula of: (1) strategic planning, (2) best practice processes with continuous improvement, (3) accountability, (4) strong leadership, (5) growing strong teams.
Art has extensive experience in many industries including:
- IT Services
- High Tech Software
- Data Center
- Equipment Resale (Large Inventory)
- Others (Worked with companies at an Atlanta Based Incubator)
Art also has a long line of success in leading the overall financial operations of Atlanta based companies from early stage to exit with some of his accomplishments listed below:
- Sale of a large ISP business to a Venture Capital Firm in California
- Sale of a high growth software company in Atlanta to a public company in Arizona
- Sale of a Healthcare company to HBOC-McKesson
- Acquisition of a Managed Service Provider located in Atlanta, GA
In his past roles, Art has been the top financial manager responsible for increasing company value and providing a strong financial organization. This includes a strong skill set in setting up systems and processes that provided:
- Strategic Planning
- Cash Management
- Leading People and the overall Financial Operations
- Accurate and Timely Financial Information
- Financial Planning and Budget Management
- Management of Audits with Independent Auditors and Tax Strategies
- Information needed for ESOP’s
- Vendor Relations and Expense Reduction
- Mergers and Acquisitions (Exit Strategy)
A native Georgian, Art graduated from Kennesaw State University with a MBA in Finance and from Mercer University with a BBA in Accounting. When not working he enjoys spending time with his wife and three sons, coaching youth sports and traveling to new places.
- MBA – Kennesaw State University
- BBA – Mercer University
Certificates & Licenses:
- Georgia Society of CPA’s
Articles by Art Bottoms
- Coronavirus Impacts: 5 Steps To Protect Your Business & Employees
- Keep Your Revenue Flowing Smoothly
- Someone Wants to Buy My Business! Now What?
- 5 Financial Models Every Business Owner Should Use
- 8 Strategies to Propel Your Business Growth Plans
- The 5 C’s of Credit: What they mean to your company’s creditworthiness!
- A Mid-Year Assessment to Keep Your Business On Track!
- The #1 Rule in Business: Know Your Numbers!
- B2B CFO NAMED TO INC. 5000 LIST FOR FOURTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR